Have you ever been in one of these situations?
What am I going to do with this decades-old greeting card that I just can’t seem to throw out?
How can I recycle/reuse my Christmas Cards?
I should have left for the party an hour ago, but I can’t find a stupid box for this small gift! I’m about to throw it into a security envelope and be done with it!
Never fear, the Bewildered Mother is here to rescue you. These boxes are perfect for giving jewelry or stocking stuffers or notes or other little gifts. Chocolate is always a good idea.
A few things:
- These can be made in any size, out of pretty much any kind of paper. Yes, even that ridiculously thin copy paper. I haven’t tried it with tracing paper…now I’m going to have to.
- The boxes will always be square shaped.
- When closed, they don’t make a cube; they make half of one.
- Use the same size paper for the top and bottom. You can use the back and front of a folding greeting card, if you’d like.
- Have fun making nesting boxes for really small gifts (like, maybe an engagement ring, perhaps?) The smallest I’ve tried was less than half an inch wide.
- Best part? You don’t need wrapping paper or tape. If you are an expert at ripping/tearing, you don’t even need scissors. Booyah!