I was going to hold off on this contest, but realized that you might want to win these cards and get them in time for Christmas, so I’m doing it TODAY!
A set of my LAMINATED multilingual ABC flashcards! A $24 value!
Educational for all ages, and silly to boot, each card has the following:
- A letter of the alphabet (This description is brought to you by the letter T)
- A vintage illustration of an animal (an engraving or painting)
- An alliterative sentence about the animal, many with vocabulary words (“Lackadaisical lions like to lounge by the lagoon.”)
- A speech bubble giving context to the sentence (“The lionesses think I’m lazy!”)
- The name of the animal translated into Spanish, French, German, and Italian (“der Löwe” is German for “lion”)
- A simple pronunciation guide for each foreign word
CLEVER KID Multilingual ABC Flash Cards are ideal for:
- Toddlers learning their animals
- Preschoolers learning their alphabet
- Early readers learning letter sounds through alliteration
- Elementary schoolers reading increasingly difficult words
- Older children learning vocabulary words
- Students of any age learning Spanish, French, German, or Italian
- Vintage illustration collectors
Keep stored in a box or bag, tie together with ribbon or string, or punch holes in each card and bind with a book ring (available in the office supplies section of any major retailer with an office supplies section).
Each card is 5×7—perfect for framing or hanging on the wall as artwork. (I recommend plain card stock cards for framing)
How do you win?
I’m posting this blog post on my Facebook page. Find it on the wall, here. Then comment on the link to this post, leaving an idea for a DIY Christmas gift that I haven’t already posted on my blog. You don’t have to have made it yourself, just post the idea.
Double your chances by leaving a link to a tutorial in the comment with your idea.
Submit as many ideas as you want, but no one will receive more than two chances to win (either two ideas or one idea with link).
Deadline: Comment on Facebook
TODAY before midnight I’ll assign numbers to the comments (comments with links get two numbers) and run a number randomizer to pick a winner.
The winner doesn’t even have to pay shipping! I’ll contact the winner via Facebook before 9 am EST tomorrow (December 14th) to get his or her shipping information. Sorry, I can only mail to contiguous US addresses for this contest. The contest is closed. Congratulations to Elisabeth!
Even if you don’t win, stay tuned! I’ll post a follow-up blog with all the ideas y’all muster up.