I use this Italian Dressing mix to make the Italian dressing used in my Aunt’s cilantro dip. It is a homemade replacement for Good Seasoning Italian Dressing mix.
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt (or 3/4 tablespoon salt + 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional—I add this for some zest)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (optional—I haven’t tried this yet)
Mix all seasoning and spices together, store in air-tight container. Best used before 12 weeks.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (I use Balsamic or Red Wine)
- 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.
- 2/3 cup canola oil (I use Olive oil)
Blend the vinegar and dry mix. (I shake it in a glass olive oil bottle—Yay recycling!)
Wait 5 minutes.
Add oil and shake.
Refrigerate between uses; shake before each use.